Tag Archives: hobby

娃娃屋

最近我常在一户人家的房子拍戏。那是一间挺古老的房子,坐落在市区附近。主人的其中一间房的玻璃柜里摆了很多小小的收藏品,都是”迷你“型的,比如有点心、碗碟、工具等。后来我才发现原来这些都是娃娃屋的道具。

我想她一定是从很久以前就开始收藏这些玩意儿,要不然也不会摆的满满的。真的是一个蛮有趣的嗜好!尽管如此,我相信这样的收藏不只需要时间,花费也不少,而且也需要有空间展示出来。如果用很实际的角度去看,这个嗜好又占位,又难清理,而且也不实用。但我想这也不一定,因为有些古老娃娃屋的道具现在可能也不容易找了。

One of our filming locations was a house located off Chancery Road. The owner is a fond collector of miniatures. I noticed that her glass cabinets were full of miniature items ranging from food to crockery to kitchen utensils, appliances and many more. They were actually meant to be dollhouse accessories except that there wasn’t a dollhouse.

To accumulate such a vast collection, she must have started this hobby since a long time ago. It looks like a tedious (and expensive) hobby because not only would she need space for display, she would need to also design the way the items are placed. From a practical point of view, this hobby is not only time consuming, but it’s difficult to maintain as well. Imagine cleaning the cabinets and moving the small items one by one! But then again, what seems like child play could have its value in the vintage collectibles, such as the item in the picture below.

这样

这样的道具也该有它的收藏价值吧!

那我们不说单单收集道具好了,如果要创造一个完整的娃娃屋,没有一点创意,耐心,和对建筑和室内设计有一定的了解,那是不容易成功的。

所以虽然看上去不怎么实用,却又是另一门学问哦!

Building a dollhouse is a skill that requires patience, creativity as well as knowledge of architecture and interior design. So while it doesn’t have any practical value, its value really lies in its completion.

The dollhouse of Queen Mary. In the 1920's, master crafstmen built the doll house for Queen Mary. It is built to a scale of 1:12 and everything in the house is built to perfection, including the miniature lights. The palace includes paintings, state rooms, servants quarters and a garage. Stated to be the most famous doll house in the world.

多精致啊!Imagine the time spent! There are even mini clothes (bottom right hand section) hanging from the open closet!

我很喜欢这样的房间设计!I love the lace and wired furniture in this dollhouse bedroom.

我很喜欢这样的房间设计!I love the lace and wired furniture in this dollhouse bedroom.

小厨房。Dollhouse kitchen.

还有早餐呢!多用心的布置!Breakfast included! Such dedicated design, truly impressive!

有多少人是在茶几上用电脑的?和现实生活中差不远吧。The placement of items on the coffee table is so realistically messy! 🙂

Dollhouse flower gazebo.

就连垃圾桶里得垃圾也少不了!Notice the trash in the trashbin!

小凳子和肥皂都是很贴心的设计!This one even has the non-slip bathroom mat!

娃娃屋有很多种。我在这里和大家分享的比较多是属于西式的设计。日本也蛮流行娃娃屋哦!

Dollhouses come in all sizes, some are good to be placed on the table, while some can be as tall as a child. The pictures I shared over here are mainly derived from Western designs. Check out the Japanese-style dollhouses!

小型的娃娃屋。Example of a wooden dollhouse.

小型的娃娃屋。Example of a wooden dollhouse.

不是每一间娃娃屋都要象一间房�,比如这个书柜娃娃屋。A bookshelf dollhouse is simpler in design and probably easier to create.

不是每一间娃娃屋都要象一间房子,比如这个书柜娃娃屋。A bookshelf dollhouse is simpler in design and probably easier to create.

模型日式娃娃屋。A model structure of a Japanese dollhouse.

模型日式娃娃屋。A model structure of a Japanese dollhouse.

日式娃娃屋。Japanese dollhouse interior.

日式娃娃屋。Japanese dollhouse interior.

课室也有哦!A Japanese classroom.

课室也有哦!A Japanese classroom.

Kawaii!!!

Kawaii!!!

日本的道具琳琅满目!The Japanese has made a huge range of miniature items, there's no end to the collection!

日本的道具琳琅满目!The Japanese has made a huge range of miniature items, there is no end to the collection!!

我的战利品

记得上次跟大家说我对手艺有兴趣吗?这下想和大家分享我这段期间所尝试的不同手艺。你们别以为我是超人,能在这么短的时间做这么多事哦,我是分开做的,而且一直等到今天才让大家看看我的战利品!

My interest in sewing hasn’t waned quite yet, in fact, I’ve been trying all sorts of craft work, from patchwork to sewing to beading. It spanned across several weeks, although now as I put this entry together, it’s gonna look like I was on a sewing/craft-work-high. I have to admit I was, and have taken a very avid interest in this since, because when you actually see the end product, there’s a great sense of accomplishment! It’s like all those hours do pay off! Well, here are some of my proud, made-with-love items for all to see…:)
Hard at work...

My first attempt at patchwork! 我正在学习如何做拼布小包包。

I love this tiny little shop with all the beautiful (but expensive) cloth! 这小店让我情有独钟,很喜欢这里的布料(日本进口的),可是太贵了,做一件上衣还不便宜。

I love this tiny little shop. It has beautiful (but expensive!) cloth, my favourite are those with small flowers! Does anyone know of any place I can get cheaper and pretty floral cloth? 这小店让我情有独钟,很喜欢这里的布料(日本进口的),可是太贵了,做一件上衣还不便宜。你们知道那里有类似的布料吗?

These will eventually be sewn together to make a little patchwork pouch. 这些小布块会拼在一起,做成小包包!

These will eventually be sewn together to make a little patchwork pouch, which I have yet to learn how. *hee* 这些小布块会拼在一起,做成小包包!不过我还得回去学呢,目前只是做好这些小拼布罢了。

I bought this little design from the market while I was filming "Like Father Like Daughter". It's been left alone for a year...这是我在拍《宝贝父女兵》的时候买的,一直没去碰它,知道最近才拿出来。

I bought this little cross-stitch design from the market while I was filming "Like Father Like Daughter" last year. It was left alone for a year and I only took it out recently to complete it. 这是我在拍《宝贝父女兵》的时候买的,一直没去碰它。最近才拿出来把它完成。

Almost completed, only without the outline! 差不多完成了,少了轮廓。

Almost completed, only without the outline! 差不多完成了,少了轮廓。

Ta da! It's done! 完成咯!!可爱吧!

Ta-da! It's done! 完成咯!!可爱吧!

This is a small drawstring pouch I made myself! It's actually a lot harder to make small items. 这是我亲手做的,看起来很简单,也不难,只是因为东西很小,所以不容易缝。

This is a small drawstring pouch I made! It's actually a lot harder to make small items even though the steps are quite simple. 这是我亲手做的,看起来很简单,步骤也不难,只是因为东西很小,所以不容易缝。

I used it as a lavender satchet for my car. 我用来装薰衣草放在车里。

It's meant to be a lavender satchet for my car. 我用来装薰衣草放在车里。

This was where I learnt basic beading. 我从这里�串珠做手链。

This book was borrowed from the library. My basic beading "coursebook". 这是图书馆借回来的。我从这里学串珠做手链。

I made these bracelets! 这些是我做的!

I made these bracelets! 这些是我做的!

Which one do you like? 你们喜欢那一个?

Which one do you like? 你们喜欢那一个?

I bought this Japanese magazine from Borders. There are pictures to explain how to make simple tops and dresses. 这本日本杂志是我在Borders�买的,有清楚的说明如何制作简单的服装。

I bought this Japanese magazine from Borders. There are pictures to explain how to make simple tops and dresses. 这本日本杂志是我在Borders购买的,有图案说明如何制作简单的服装。

The was what I attempted to make. 这是我要做的。

The was what I attempted to make. 这是我要学做的。

The instructions with pictures. 制作的骤。

The instructions with pictures. 制作的步骤。

Tada, I spent about 15 hours making this dress, with the help of my mom. 我花了差不多十五个小时,还有妈妈的帮忙才把裙�完成!

Ta-da! I spent about 15 hours making this dress with the help of my mom. 我花了差不多十五个小时,还有妈妈的帮忙,才把裙子完成!

这是裙�的背面。 This shows the back of my dress.

这是裙子的背面。 This shows the back of my dress.

怎么样?你们有看上什么吗?

Have you seen anything you like?