There is something spontaneous about blogging on the go that I like. But the flip side of this is that most entries will be short because I’m beat from sight-seeing everyday.
I’m trying out the WordPress app but it is quite limited. Since all photos can only appear after my text, here are the captions:
1. Kebab meat is everywhere. A set meal costs about 5.50TRY. It comes with chicken or beef in pita bread, fries and a drink.
2. The people here at this restaurant are so warm and friendly. They allowed me to enter the serving area for a photo op even though we weren’t planning on eating.
3. Such stalls are common and the food always looks very good.
4. Stalls like this are scattered all over the Sultanahmet area.
5. Boiled maize.
6. I think these are some kind of Turkish apples? Or plums? It’s the size of big grapes, crunchy and a little sour.
7. My first Turkish coffee at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
8. Silk for sale.
9. Pretzels! I believe there is something in the dough that makes these plain pretzels really tasty. I wish they were warm though.
10. I love handiwork!
11. The view on the way back to the hotel.